- How are you tapping into your communication potential?
- How are you continually evolving your communication style?
- What are you doing to make it easy for others to tap into your expertise?
- How are you enabling others to become better communicators?
- How are you walking your talk as an authentic leader?
- BE DIRECT, SPECIFIC AND CLEAR
- SET AN OUTCOME FOR EVERY EVENT
- ANTICIPATE CHALLENGES AND BE PREPARED
- CHECK IN TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE HAVE FULLY UNDERSTOOD AND HAVE A CLEAR PLAN OF ACTION
- MAKE IT CLEAR THEY CAN ASK FOR CLARIFICATION AND HELP AS NEEDED
- HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE
BE TOTALLY PRESENT – Give the ‘gift of undiluted listening’
“Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” —Stephen R. Covey.
What goes around comes around – by supporting others and showing an interest in them, they are highly likely to reciprocate and support you in your ideas, vision and strategies.
Finally ‘WALK YOUR TALK’!